Slow Cooked Beef Roast & Vegetables with Horseradish Gravy
Yields : 2-3 Servings
Prep Time : 30 mins to 1 hour
Cook time : slow cooker 8 to 9 hours
3 lbs boneless beef rump roast or beef tip roast, trimmed of fat
1 garlic clove, slivered
3 tablespoons horseradish cream
1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
3 medium carrots, cut in half lengthwise and into 2-inch pieces
8-10 baby red potatoes
1 celery rib, cut in half lengthwise & into 2-inch pieces
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash fresh coarse ground black pepper
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
rosemary to garnish, optional
1. With tip of knife, make cuts in top of beef roast; insert garlic slivers. Spread beef with 1 tablespoon of horseradish.
2. Place beef in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the gravy mix.
3. Arrange carrots around beef. Top with potatoes and celery.
4. In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, remaining gravy mix, salt and pepper; mix until well blended. Pour over vegetables. Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 9 hours.
5. Just before serving, remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker; place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
6. In medium saucepan, combine cornstarch, 3 tablespoons water and remaining horseradish; blend well.
7. Pour juices from slow cooker into cornstarch mixture; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
8. Cut beef into slices, Serve beef with vegetables and gravy. Garnish with rosemary if desired.